Burlap is a versatile material as it is durable; it is usually used to make such things as sacks or carpets however there are many different things you can do with it. As it is reasonably priced and can look good when being utilized for many different bits and pieces it is great when holding wedding functions. Here are just a few ways you can turn something lack lustre into something beautiful using burlap.
Take a Look at this Lovely Wedding Burlap Flower Holder
This gypsophila is really shown off in this beautiful burlap flower holder. It is really simple to make just fold a rectangle piece of burlap around your head like a party hat to get the shape. When you have the shape pin it together and then sew to hold it in position. Lastly add the button and ribbon to the front and hang using a ribbon which will need sewing on as well. I think you`ll agree straight forward yet effective.
Walk down the Aisle with this Wedding Burlap
As I have mentioned burlap is used to make carpets so this is a lovely effective shabby chic walkway if you are having an outdoor wedding. You can kick off your shoes and go bohemian; hopefully wherever you are the sun will be shining down and it will be an occasion to remember, like walking down the red carpet only much better as at the end of the aisle your loved one will be waiting.
Make your own Wedding Burlap Bunting
Bunting is a great way to liven up any room, or any space for that matter as it looks great both indoors and out. For a wedding there are so many different themes you can choose from. To make simple yet effective burlap bunting it`s as easy as these few steps.
You will need
- Lace paper
- Heart cling stamps
- White paint
- A large needle
- Hanging hooks
- Cut your burlap into triangle shapes.
- Use a suitable adhesive to glue the lace paper to your burlap you will find your lace paper on digitalpapershop.com.
- Use your needle to thread the string across the top of your bunting.
- Dip the heart shapes in white paint and stamp the heart shapes onto your burlap.
- Attach the hanging hooks to your bunting and hang.
I think you`ll agree this wedding bunting is simple but effective and will look lovely in any wedding.
Make your Own Favour Bags With Wedding Burlap
Leaving a little gift of sweets or treats at the table for your guests is a great way of thanking them for coming to celebrate your special day. Or they could be for your bridesmaids as they are big enough to hold trinkets as a way of gratitude. Either way this pretty little favour bag is just what you require.
You will need:
- Needle and thread
How to make it
- Fold your burlap over until you have a pocket and then sew along the edges to secure.
- Make the pull string bag by threading your string through the top of the pocket so it comes out together in the middle and pull tight.
- Next cut your cardboard into name tags and thread through the string to attach.
- Then sew your lace around the bag.
- Cut the flower out of the burlap and sew to the front of the bag.
- Now you have a special customised favour bag which I`m sure your guests or bridesmaids will be pleased with.
I hope these few ideas have put you in the arts and crafts mode and you are ready and willing to get started. This is just a small taster of what you can do with your wedding burlap, other ideas include making a cushion to hold your wedding rings for the ring bearer, a burlap table runner, rustic burlap wedding invitations, and burlap covered wedding guestbook and more. So all you need to do now is decide which of these lovely items you are going to make, have fun!