These little man moustache light switches would look great in your little lad’s bedroom or even if you want to funk up and inject a bit of fun into any room in the house. They are surprisingly super easy to make and can also be a lot of fun too.
Which Little Man Moustache Paper To Buy
Now that we have sold you on the idea of creating your own funky little man moustache light switch, we’ll also help you on which paper to choose for this fun project. The choice is between two collections which we have listed below.
- Gold Little Man Moustache – This little man moustache paper collection has a choice of 12 papers all of which is colours of gold and black. There is a black background paper with gold gradient moustaches, black background paper with gold chevrons and a gold gradient background with tiny black moustaches.
- Little Man Moustache – This little man moustache paper collection also has a choice of 12 papers but this time they are in colours of black and white. Among the different papers is the white background paper with tiny black moustaches, a black and white pinstripe paper and a black and white polka dot paper.
What You Will Need To Make Your Little Man Moustache Light Switch
Hopefully you have now chosen which paper you want to use for the project. If not, we suggest using the black and moustache pattern paper. Before getting started on making your little man moustache light switch, you are going to need the following items first:
- Screwdriver – You will need this to unscrew the light switch form the wall and to screw it back on once you have finished revamping it. Make sure to turn the electricity off before doing this as you don’t want any nasty shocks.
- Little Man Moustache Paper – Choose which little man moustache paper you want to use and download and print it. Both of the moustache paper collections mentioned above can be found on the digitalpapershop.com website.
- Printer – You are going to need this to print out your little man moustache paper and any clipart you want to add to the light switch for added decoration.
- Scissors – You will need a pair of scissors to cute the shape of the light switch into the little man moustache paper.
- Mod Podge – This will act as the adhesive to glue the little man moustache paper onto the light switch. It works a lot better than hot glue and can be bought for a fair price on the likes of eBay.
- Sealant – You can get sealant from your local home improvement store and it will be used to add a finished seal to the light switch. You can get this in either glossy or matte depending on the look you want.
How To Make Your Little Man Moustache Light Switch
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to get starting on making your little man moustache light switch:
- First of all, turn off the electricity while you use a screwdriver to unscrew the light switch from the wall.
- Download and print the little man moustache you have chosen for this project and use a pencil to draw the outline of the light switch and of course a hole for the actual switch is.
- Cut out the shape of the light switch from the paper and use Mod Podge to carefully glue the paper onto the light switch.
- Add another coat of Mod Podge on top of the paper. Don’t worry, this will come out as white but will dry clear.
- Once the layers of Mod Podge has dried, add 3 to 4 layers of sealant on top waiting for each layer to dry before adding the next.
- You now have your funky little man moustache light switch!
We hope you have a lot of fun with this project. We want to see the end result so make sure to tag us into your photos on Twitter @DigitalPaperShop. If you have any questions, you can also leave your comments below.