If you have a clipboard for your recipes, to-do lists, crafts projects and just about anything and everything then you will love this craft project we have in mind for you. Shops these days don’t seem to have a decent variety of fanciful clipboards so we have decided to give them a makeover ourselves by adding scrapbook paper vintage to them. We are going to go through which vintage paper to choose, what you will need to make these clipboards and also how to make them.
Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/475763148112844304/
Which Scrapbook Paper Vintage to Choose
Before we get started, you’ll need to choose which scrapbook paper vintage you want for your clipboards. There are many available for download on the digitalpapershop.com website however we have listed below some our favourites and bestselling paper collections.
- Vintage Bandana – this collection of scrapbook paper vintage is straight out of the 70’s with bold colours and patterns. There are 12 vintage papers in the collection all of which are different. There is a blue and purple patterned paper, red and orange patterned paper and a fabulous multi-coloured patterned paper.
- Vintage Blue – this collection is such a delight with its blue and cream pastel shades. There are 12 papers in the collection, all of which have different patterns including swirling flowers, shell patterns, ornate patterns and bubble patterns. Any of these papers will look great on your clipboards.
- Vintage Damask – we can’t have a list of vintage papers without having the vintage damask collection on here. This collection has 12 papers in its collection, all of which are shades of pink but have different patterns.
What You Need to Create Your Scrapbook Paper Vintage Clipboards
Hopefully you have chosen which scrapbook paper vintage you want to use for your clipboard revamp project and are ready to get started. Before getting started however you will also need to make sure you have the following first:
- Old Clipboards – you will of course need your old clipboards or to buy plain new ones to glam up.
- Scrapbook Paper Vintage – once you have chosen which scrapbook paper vintage you want, you will need to download it.
- Embellishments – this is an optional extra but if you have any hair accessories or jewellery that you don’t use anymore, you can use them to glam up the clipboards.
- Glue Gun
How to Create Your Scrapbook Paper Vintage Clipboards
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to get to work on revamping those boring clipboards.
- Download and print the scrapbook paper vintage you have chosen to use. If you are doing more than one clipboard then print of different patterned paper for each clipboard.
- Use a pencil to trace around the clipboard onto the back of the vintage paper and then cut out using your scissors.
- Unscrew the clip from the clipboard and then use a glue gun to glue the vintage paper onto the clipboard.
- Once the glue is dry and set, screw the clip back onto the clipboard and glue on an embellishment to the centre of the clip such as a glittery bow or beads.
- You know have a super cute vintage clipboard!
We hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and will have a go at making these vintage clipboards yourself. If you do, make sure to send us your photos by tweeting us @DigitalPaperShop.