If you’re the one who has landed the job of host or hostess this Thanksgiving and want to really impress, you are going to love these little feather glitter place cards which are made using gold glitter card. They are super easy and fun to make and will look great around the table, especially if you have other gold glitter decorations on the table too. We will go through which gold glitter card collection to use, what you will need, how to make them and others ideas you might like to try for your glittering Thanksgiving dinner.
Glamourous Gold Glitter Card Collection
We recommend downloading the Glamourous Gold Glitter Card Collection which has 10 different gold shades to choose from. We find that the yellow gold will work great with this project but also consider other decorations you are using to make sure they are all in sync and work well with each other. You can download this gold glitter card from the digitalprintshop.com website, ready to use instantly.
What You Will Need to Create Your Gold Glitter Card Place Cards
To be able to make the feather place cards, you are going to need a few things first. Here is a checklist to make sure you have everything before starting:
- Feather Template – You can download a feather template from the digitalprintshop.com website in the clipart range. This will be used for your template.
- Printer – You need to print out your template and your gold glitter paper to create the place cards.
- Scissors – Make sure you have a pair of scissors close by to cut out your templates.
- Gold Glitter Card – Choose the shade you like most from the gold glitter paper collection. This will be used along with the feather template.
- Sharpie – You can use the sharpie to write the names. If you can do calligraphy and have a calligraphy pen, then use this instead.
- Wire Base Stand – This is an optional extra. It is to clip the feather to once complete so the glitter can be seen.
Now that you have everything you need to make the feather place cards, it’s time to get started.
How to Make Your Gold Glitter Card Place Cards
It shouldn’t take you more than an hour to create these fabulous place cards. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make them:
- Download your chosen feather template from the clipart range and print it out on a plain piece of paper and carefully cut out the feather template.
- Download the gold glitter card collection and print out your chosen shade of gold glitter on an A4 sized piece of paper.
- Use your feather template to draw on the back of the A4 glitter paper so there won’t be pencil marks on the front. Do this for however many place cards you need.
- Cut out the templates from the gold glitter paper then use your sharpie to write the names of your dinner guests on the white side of each feather.
- You can then either place the feathers down onto each dinner plate, at the top of the dinner plate or by clipping them onto wire base stands. Guests will better be able to see the glitter side of the feather if it is clipped onto the wire base stand.
Other Ideas You Can do With Gold Glitter Card
You can use any template you like to create your place cards using the same gold glitter card. Leaves would work just as good but if you wanted to go for something fun, why not a turkey!